Monday, March 2, 2009

Update from Aiken

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to keep everyone updated as to how the horses are going this season. I had the opportunity to train with Captain Phillips all last week on both horses which went amazingly well I am very excited. I also was picked to continue my training with Mark this season which I am thrilled about! I had some great goes on some of the young horses for phillip and Ping won the preliminary horse division at Pine Top 11 and was second out of 24 horses this weekend at Pine Top. ( it rained so much the XC was cancelled for prelim)

Cooper continues to step up to the plate and was third in the OI at Pine Top 11.... I ran him slow XC as I am trying to save him for the bigger competitions. This weekend (after my training with Mark) Cooper dressage was fantastic and he won the dressage by 8 points on a 25.... He then show jumped clean and we popped in some big studs on Sunday and had a canter around! He ended up winning even though the going wasn't great and I ran very slow.... I really worked on the things that Mark wanted me to improve upon and was pleased that even though I was cautious I still had a good result from the weekend!

I couldn't be more proud of Cooper his attitude is fantastic and he is proving himself every where he goes. I am very lucky!!!!!

Hope this email reaches everyone well,
Jennie Brannigan

No comments: